Product Owner, Corporate Functions Solutions
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$243.7 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2023.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Product Owner (PO), plays a key role in the Corporate Functions’ Value Stream agile team to maximize the value delivered by the Technology, Data and Operations’ (TDO) group. The Corporate Functions PO has various clients (business partners) delivering on strategic planning and risk control areas.
In a nutshell, the incumbent is responsible for establishing product roadmaps jointly with business stakeholders, prioritizing work based on value and budget, lead agile ceremonies (Sprint Planning, demos, Prioritization meetings), effectively collaborating and solving problems with the delivery teams to continuously deliver business value and capture untapped opportunities.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Product Owner, Corporate Functions, you will:
– Be the primary point of contact and be responsible for identifying client needs with internal stakeholders
– Responsible for establishing, maintaining & communicating the product roadmap in collaboration with business stakeholders
– Collaborate with Architects to be able to stay informed of technology trends
– Be responsible for documenting business cases, including expected benefits
– Manage and follow the budget allocated
– Be responsible for managing, structuring and prioritizing the products backlog jointly with the business and the team.
– Be responsible for articulating business needs and value for the delivery squads during agile sessions, while maintaining focus on the highest value increments aligned with the product strategy.
– Be responsible for managing client delivery expectations and taking actions to meet delivery engagement in collaboration with other TDO agile teams.
– Remove impediments to delivery under your control or raise flags to Managers to ensure delivery commitment is met
– Lead and contribute to business analysis and documentation of solutions. Participate in incident resolution.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience
– Five (5) or more years of experience working in an agile environment
– Three (3) or more years of business systems (GRC, Compliance, Security, Audit, etc.) or experience related to the governance and control business
– Excellent organizational skills with hands-on experience managing all stages of a product life cycle (e.g. SDLC)
– Certified as a Product Owner is an asset (e.g. PSPO, etc.)
– Strong active listening, oral, written and presentation skills.
– Strong teamwork spirit and collaboration skills driven by a positive attitude
– Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
– Bilingualism English and French (frequent interactions in English with PSP employees based in our offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and interactions in French with employees in our local offices in Montreal and Ottawa)
We offer a tailored employee experience and competitive total rewards and benefits package* designed to attract and retain global diverse talent, reward performance, and reinforce business strategies and priorities. Beyond salary and incentive pay eligibility, you have access to:
– A flexible hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and remote days based on business groups, teams, and roles
– A hybrid allowance to support any hybrid related needs
– Competitive pension plans
– Comprehensive group insurance plans
– Unlimited access to virtual healthcare services and wellness programs
– Generous and inclusive paid family leave
– Vacation days available on day one with additional days on milestone service anniversaries, and summer Friday afternoons off
– Investment in career development
*Benefits package may vary based on your employee type.
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Visit us on www.investpsp.com/en/
Follow us on LinkedIn
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 27/09/2023