Producer (Project Management)
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
On being a Producer at Ubisoft Toronto
As a Producer, you will have a massive impact on the success of our games. Your objective is to manage and oversee the project team and deliver world-class games while achieving quality, schedule, and business targets.
As a leader and manager, you know how to bring out the strengths of your team and develop an environment where your team thrives. You mentor and coach team members, and you help assign tasks and priorities. You empower your team with access to the right tools and resources to be productive and successful.
Open and transparent communication and collaboration are pillars of our studio culture, and our production teams are committed to achieving the best player experience possible with our games. We are looking for a highly organized and systematic leader with excellent communication, and people management skills.
You have an intricate and detailed understanding of the game development process combined with deep knowledge about game business models with a player-centric approach. You always approach a challenge with an ROI-driven mindset, and you leverage data and your own experience to make smart, strategic decisions. You know how to lead both mature and early-stage projects, and you have a strong understanding of the Ubisoft development process.
You are resilient and adapt well in fast-paced, quickly changing situations. You are a master at resolving conflicting priorities. You thrive in the unknown, and you see challenges as learning opportunities. You always have a solution-oriented mindset , and you set your objectives high and always strive for excellence, in your own work, and in the work of your team. You believe passionately that diverse teams are more creative and innovative teams, and you are committed to lead what’s next in games.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The daily life of a Producer at Ubisoft Toronto:
- Define, present and follow up on the development strategy for the game;
- Help define the scope and deliverables of the project;
- Manage the budgets for the project;
- Build an inter-project network and optimally organize the work plan;
- Manage risks and approve contingency plans;
- Follow up on projects and communicate status to executives;
- Meet with external collaborators.
- Work with the Brand/Product Director to define the game’s market positioning.
- Ensure alignment on all deliverables to ensure successful marketing plans to support the game throughout production and into launch.
- Create an environment that fosters and encourages team members to bring the best ideas forward for the project;
- Support the creative direction and ensure that it meets the quality standards for the game and target market;
- In collaboration with technical teams, make technology choices that support the game vision and development (tools and engine);
- Ensure that teams optimize technology and best practice sharing;
- Ensure that the game meets quality standards.
- Help structure and support the project team;
- Help define talent needs for the project and recruit the best candidates;
- In collaboration with the leads and managers on the project, ensure that the team is engaged and working efficiently;
- Foster and take an active role in the career development of team members.
What it takes to make it
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in project management, ideally in progressive leadership roles;
- Must have project management experience in a game development environment;
- Must have demonstrated the ability to deliver large, complex projects (quality standards, budget constraints and effective team output);
- Have shipped a minimum of one AAA game title in a management or project management role;
- Management experience on an online-first game with a live service focus;
- Experience advocating for the project with different stakeholders, including business, publishing, first-party and media.
- Knowledge of Web Technologies (HTML and others);
- Passion for video games and the desire to have fun at work!
Nice to have
- Extensive knowledge of the video game market and industry;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently;
- Influential leadership;
- Analytical and problem-solving aptitude;
- Experience in recruiting and selecting team members;
- Capacity to analyze risk and make contingency plans;
- Creative and innovative;
- Proactive, dynamic and diplomatic;
- Results-oriented and works extremely well under pressure.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews and salary increases to help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
We host regular team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives including yoga, on-site occupational therapy, flexible work hours, and continuing programs to promote a balanced life.
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our differences helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all interested candidates. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disability upon request.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.