Get up to $10,000 to hire for a tech role
Looking to hire someone in a business or tech role?
Innovate BC’s Innovator Skills Initiative offers up to $10,000 per employee, per year, for B.C.-based companies, startups and non-profits to hire young professionals from under-represented groups. The program connects students and people who have already graduated or have industry certifications with an opportunity to bring their skills to a company looking for help.
- Are a B.C.-based tech company or non-profit hiring for a business or tech role.
- Are a B.C.-based non-tech company or non-profit hiring for a tech role.
- Are a B.C.-based post-secondary institution hiring for a tech role.
- A B.C.-based local/regional authority or Indigenous community hiring for a tech role
- Offer valuable, paid work experience to the candidate.
- Hire a candidate who self-identifies as under-represented (Indigenous, Black and people of colour, 2SLGBTQQIA+, Neuro-diverse, Persons living with a visible or invisible disability, Women, Youth from care, Non-binary, Other).
- Can receive up to ten $10,000 grants for 10 different employees per year.
Ready to hire? This program is funded by the Province of British Columbia and delivered by Innovate BC. Start your application today.
Questions? FAQ about the program can be found here.
If you have any additional questions regarding the Innovator Skills Initiative, please contact [email protected].