Introducing girls to STEM
ms infinity (math and science = infinite options) programs introduce girls* to a wide range of exciting career options and positive role models in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Together, we bust the myths about scientists, engineers and their careers in STEM … you don’t need to wear a lab coat to be a scientist, or wear a hard hat to be an engineer! (Unless you are on a job site!)
Our SCWIST team works with the community to offer:
- Quantum Leap Conferences to inspire students to consider STEM careers – including exciting, uncommon careers
- Fun and interactive STEM Explore workshops with science stories, technology demos and hands-on STEM activities
- Supportive eMentoring program to guide girls on how to pursue their STEM interests
- Scholarships to inspire students to pursue STEM education and careers
- Extensive volunteer opportunities for women in STEM careers and girls interested in STEM
*Please note that we use the terms women and girls with a broad meaning that includes people who identify themselves as women, girls, trans, genderqueer, non-binary, two-spirit, and gender questioning.
Teachers and STEM Educators
We offer a variety of programs to support teaching STEM in your classroom. If you are an educator and want to find out more about our programs, please explore the programs that we offer.
Did you lead or participate in an activity as an ms infinity or Youth Engagement representative?
Are you a woman working or studying in a STEM field? Would you like to engage and inspire today’s youth? Sign up to volunteer for ms infinity here.
Please note that we encourage all our volunteers to become SCWIST members, which connects you to our events, network, professional development opportunities, and helps support all of our SCWIST programs. Sign up now!
Our Youth Engagement programs would not be possible without the generous support of our SCWIST members, volunteers, donors and funding agencies.
"*" indicates required fields