Lead, Operating Excellence
Reporting to the Superintendent, Operating Excellence, the Lead, Operating Excellence is responsible for leadership and departmental support of the Operating Excellence team. You will ensure timely delivery of priorities in support of the development and implementation of sustainable business improvement processes throughout the site.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who is self-motivated, but collaborates well with a multi-disciplinary team. Someone with outstanding attention to detail, who is adaptable, and able to prioritize demands in a fast-paced environment.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it’s biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedure
- Determine the strategic direction of the Operating Excellence team in alignment with site objectives and departmental requirements
- Lead a team while defining, organizing, and modifying work plans
- Target and prioritize deliverables to drive idea pipe lines, delivering bottom line cost reduction, and efficiency improvement
- Design change management plans to help achieve long-term sustainability of initiatives, meeting clear and specific goals relating to upfront awareness, behavioral change, and key performance indicator management
- Ensure that behavioral organizational change plans are in place and demonstrated results are suitable to promote strong return on investment, from an adoption of new technology perspective
- Design and execute improvements though wiring processes, and associated visual performance boards, performance audits, short interval control processes, and IS updates
- Promote awareness on site, seek out new opportunities, and encourage a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Degree in Finance, Mining, Engineering, or Processing, or other related subject area
- Professional designation, such as P.Eng, MBA, CFA, or CPA, would be preferred
- Minimum seven years of senior level experience in area of specialty, with a minimum of two years’ experience in continuous improvement or an operating excellence environment using Lean, Six Sigma, or other Continuous Improvement processes
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to engage, lead change, direct, and lead a high performance team
- Mining industry experience would be an advantage
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 14/04/2021
To apply please create an account and submit your application at the following link: https://bit.ly/3uefgM3