Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Intelligent City is a technology-enabled and platform-based urban housing systems company, bringing transformational innovation to architecture and construction. Through the convergence of high-rise mass timber, design engineering, prefabrication, automated manufacturing and parametric software, the company is introducing a sustainable, adaptable, and product-based paradigm for the delivery of buildings.
We strongly believe in collaboration. We are a team of architects, designers and engineers made from ambitious, open-minded and motivated members with multi-facetted interests and qualifications. Together, we are creating a new kind of integrated company founded on design, sustainability and technology. We offer unique opportunities and bring together a diverse and highly skilled team of individuals from around the globe, united in the belief that technological innovation can enable an ecological, economical and socially sustainable future.
We are looking for great people who have the skills and drive to help us to create a better world. We will offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a fulfilling and exciting work environment within a great team. We want our work to be worthy of everyone’s commitment.
We believe that diversity is a key to success. Intelligent City does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, marital status or political affiliation. We have a zero-tolerance policy to any form of bullying, aggression or harassment.
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will lead the budgeting and forecasting process, manage and update our financial models, help prepare costing information for large proposals, lead financial management reporting, and provide analysis and insight to help the leadership team make informed strategic decisions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage complex multi-dimensional financial models supporting strategic plans, annual budgets, rolling forecasts, and scenario analysis.
- Execute on the weekly and monthly management reporting process, including dashboard development.
- Provide costing information for customer proposals.
- Assist with government funding applications and monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for the leadership team, investors, government funding partners, lenders, and the board of directors.
- Develop a deep understanding of the profitability drivers of each of our key business areas and customer contracts.
- Engage with team leaders across all areas of the business to ensure alignment, consolidate key financial metrics and improve company performance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 5+ years of experience in FP&A
- Experience developing dynamic Excel-based models.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, highly organized and rigorous
- A willingness to take responsibility and get involved across the business as necessary in a lean and efficient team.
- CPA or other professional accounting designation (CFA / MBA may be considered)
- Experience in dynamic, high-growth environments, preferably in the technology and/or property development, housing, or manufacturing industries
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent, full time position
- Location: Vancouver, Kitsilano office, with partial remote work possible
- Annual salary depending on previous work experience and based on annual review.
- Employee stock option plan
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 30/06/2021
Application requirements – please submit all in one document:
- Application letter: Who are you? Why would you like to work for Intelligent City? What can you contribute? What can we do to support you? What questions do you have?
- Resume with your education, relevant experiences, skills, merits, awards (max. 2 pages)
- Two references, contact info and affiliation to you (employer, mentor or client)