Number of Openings
D-Pace supplies products to the international commercial particle accelerator industry. Our areas of expertise include beamline systems, beam diagnostic devices, solid target stations, and ion sources for research, industrial, and commercial accelerator systems.
To learn more about D-Pace, please check out our website at www.d-pace.com
What we look for:
• You thrive in a dynamic production environment. We’re looking for people who are interested in a multi-disciplinary, low-volume manufacturing environment. You enjoy assembling complex products according to specifications, drawings, and instructions. You are comfortable navigating and constructing first-builds including developing instructions for prototype systems. You are passionate about building electro-mechanical systems.
• You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. We’re looking for people who look to improve the lives of those around them and understand the inherent potential of all people to grow given a reasonable chance. You are process-accountability driven where you acknowledge results and deviations from the goal and adapt to improve the process or update the goal.
• You are purpose driven. We’re looking for people who seek to define problems, before searching for an array of solutions. You are detail orientated and committed to reducing manufacturing errors and process cost. You understand the impact of your work on others and adapt to make the group more effective.
• You are inclusive. You understand the value of questioning and re-thinking the status quo. You believe that diversity brings strength and depth to our thinking and actions. You seek to understand the unique needs and challenges of different people and provide adequate support.
• You are passionate about your hands-on work. You love to build things. You enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting and solving problems. You want to improve processes. You appreciate the aesthetics and satisfaction of a well-made piece of equipment. You take pride in your work and the satisfaction that comes with an appreciative customer.
What’s in it for you:
• Grow your technical capabilities and collaborative skills in an innovative company in the unique field of particle accelerators
• Broaden your horizons by working with clients across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally
• Competitive wages based on compensation surveys, experience, and knowledge
• Wage progression during parental leave
• Comprehensive benefits program
• Experience the mountain culture of the British Columbia Interior
About the Job:
• Perform installations, repairs, inspections, reassemblies, wiring, calibrations, replacements, retrofits, and adjustments of products as required
o Contribute ideas to improve production
• Perform high precision calibration and adjustments
• Conduct product testing and performance testing and document the results
• Monitor the function of all equipment and report problems and recommendations to the supervisors
• Develop preventive maintenance procedures to minimize failures
• Facilities upgrades and upkeep
• Monitor & maintain all work areas for cleanliness, safety, and orderliness
• Cleaning for high vacuum, wire filament forming, polishing O-ring and vacuum surfaces
• Packaging parts and components for shipment to customers
• Equipment and tool calibration
• Order and stock materials and supplies to avoid materials shortages
• Sketch/develop conceptual mechanical designs as needed
• Trade or Technical Diploma
• First-hand experience building electro-mechanical systems
• Understanding of wiring, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics and principles
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Use of mechanical metrology tools for part inspection
• Appreciation for aesthetics and appearance of all aspects of your work
• Safe, organized, meticulous, and detail oriented
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good documentation skills for writing and editing procedures
• Possess strong dedication to teaming
• Be committed to confidentiality and integrity within a professional environment
• Passionate about hands-on work with mechanics and electronics
In addition to the items that D-Pace should know about you, your cover letter shall specifically address the following items:
1. Why do you want to live/work in British Columbia’s Kootenay region?
2. Why is it important to be a generalist problem solver as a technician?
3. Why is it important to have a genuine interest in a client’s challenges instead of simply solving a support issue as quickly as possible?
4. Why is confidentiality important as a technician?
5. Why do you want a career in manufacturing?
NOTE: You will be asked during an interview to bring something you made firsthand and/or a portfolio of your work.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 24/06/2022
Please submit resumes and cover letter as a single PDF document by email to [email protected]
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.