Bilingual Intermediate Full-Stack Web Developer
Our Digital Business Operations team is looking for a Bilingual Intermediate Full-Stack Web Developer to join them and help with our digital business transformation! Are you looking for a new challenge in Ottawa? This role would have you working on development, operations, and support for our digital platforms. You would be assisting in developing and launching new initiatives across business practices to help increase our digital footprint, while broadening and deepening ICTC’s reputation across Canada. Can you see yourself partnering with the business units and vendors to help bring new websites into full operation, and then to iteratively refine them? Then this may be the role for you!
What will you be doing?
- Continuing the development and refinement of ICTC’s portfolio of webites
- Continual mapping and optimization of the “user journey” across websites for our respective four target audiences, to close gaps and increase conversions.
- Continuing the development and refinement of our services delivery platform, and the integration of additional services
- Developing a “Customer Support – Self Help” platform, to address the needs of both Digital Services Operations and Program Operations in supporting participants to reduce friction in the service delivery pipeline
- Partnering to design and develop online SaaS tools for commercialization, integrating, operating and supporting them
- Developing dashboards to show the KPIs necessary to support strategic business decisions
- Continual SEM/SEO activities across all websites to increase targeted traffic and conversions
- Continual day-to-day infrastructure and digital business operations and support activities
- Continual digital business transformation strategy and planning formulation and assessment.
- Other duties as assigned by one’s manger.
Do you have the following knowledge?
- Hands-on full stack LAMP expertise
- Good knowledge of JS/jQuery and CSS, working with APIs, and json/xml parsing Familiarity with CMS operating, cloud hosting administration and configuration through Plesk or other control panel, QA and UAT
- Familiarity with the conventions of Digital Operations and Support procedures, processes and SLAs.
What we are looking for!
- Ability to work in both official languages (English & French)
- Ability to also represent, articulate and share technical and UI/UX design information through a female lens
- At least two years experience working as a front-and-back-end web developer in a marketing/advertising agency environment or similar, working up from a junior developer role to having Team Lead responsibilities.
- Formal post-secondary Computer Science or Software/Web Development credentials are desirable, with subject matter expertise usually acquired through a social sciences/humanities/business minor.
- Dependable: Do you have a high degree of reliability, organization and accountability, in order to meet project/funder deliverable requirements?
- Adaptable / Flexible: Are you open to change, shifting requirements, feedback and possessing the ability to work with remote teams across Canada?
- Ethical: Can you work with confidential information, as this role requires a high level of integrity, sound judgement/confidentiality and ethical compliance.
- Driven / Creative: Do you have a strong capacity for self-motivation, initiative, and a desire to exceed expectations?
- Collaborative: Are you able to work with and through others in order to achieve results. Requires ability to understand others’ needs and perspective, share information, communicate updates and participate as a strong team player?
- Respectful / Diversity and Inclusion: Can you honour a commitment to diversity and inclusion and understanding of the issues and challenges faced by diverse groups?
- Entrepreneurial organization committed to ensuring Canada’s competitive advantage in a digital economy.
- Fast paced environment, managing multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- 12 months with benefits, paid vacation/ personal time and RRSP contribution.
The Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) is a not-for-profit national centre of expertise for the digital economy. We are the trusted source for evidence-based policy advice, forward looking research, and creative capacity building programs for the digital economy.
- OUR MISSION IS TO: Strengthen Canada’s digital advantage in a global economy
- OUR VISION IS TO: Foster globally competitive Canadian industries and a prosperous society empowered by innovative digital solutions.
- See how we are bringing together Industry, Education, & Policy makers to advance the digital economy in Canada