Assistant Professor, Applied Intelligent Engineering Systems
The Department of Engineering in the Faculty of Agriculture invites applications for a tenure-stream professoriate appointment in Applied Intelligent Engineering Systems at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor commencing July 1, 2023.
The Department of Engineering is seeking a research and teaching-focused professional engineer possessing creativity, collegiality, excellent communication skills, and a passion to learn and collaborate with other team members. The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching required first and second-year engineering courses in a CEAB-accredited program and other applied science as determined appropriate.
• Ph.D. (Agricultural Engineering, or related engineering field).
• Professional Engineer status in Canada
• Demonstrated ability to conduct quality research in the areas of precision agriculture, sustainable optimization, agricultural systems and/or data mining, machine learning, and digital agriculture.
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness and experience at the undergraduate level.
• Three plus years of experience in academic research and publishing in the applicable subject areas.
• Experience working collaboratively with industry research partners
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Dalhousie University commits to achieving inclusive excellence through continually championing equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons (especially Mi’kmaq), persons of Black/African descent (especially African Nova Scotians), and members of other racialized groups, persons with disabilities, women, and persons identifying as members of 2SLGBTQ+ communities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 28/02/2023
The application package needs to include your Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV), Teaching Statement and Teaching Dossier, Research Statement, Sample Publication(s), EDIA Statement
and List of referees. Interested applicants can see the full job posting and apply at: https://dal.peopleadmin.ca/postings/12351