IWIS Event: Deciphering Canadian Culture: What’s Appropriate? What’s Expected?
New to Canada? Want to know “what, when and how” to demonstrate professionalism at work?
Date: Tuesday June 3, 2014
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Location: The Wicklow Pub, 610 Stamps Landing, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 3Z1
Cost: $5 SCWIST members / $10 non-members
Being new to a country may require adapting to a new culture and learning about new manners. Are you wondering:
How to adjust to the Canadian culture in and out of the workplace?
– How to celebrate your heritage within Canada’s multicultural environment?
– How to overcome language barriers while still exhibiting professionalism?
– What are the expectations of Canadian employers?
These questions will be answered by Lorraine Graves, Canadian culture coach.
Join us for an evening of enlightenment and laughter with people from around the world.
They will have the same questions and experience as you! Let’s talk, share and learn from each other!
At the networking session, you will:
– Meet people who are currently working in different fields
– Broaden your Canadian professional network
– Practice the tips you learned at this event and foster your professional skills
This Event Includes:
-Face-to-face Q & A
Lorraine Graves, Science Journalist, Canadian Culture Coach, Writer, and Teacher