Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2022
The 41st SCWIST AGM will be held on Wednesday, June 22 from 4:30-7:30pm. The event will take place on Zoom.
All members and interested individuals are welcome to attend.
The following are examples of the types of things to be discussed/agreed upon at the AGM:
- Receive the annual report and financial statements
- Receive a presentation from the President on the previous year’s activities and plans for the coming year
- Announce the committee members/officeholders for the ensuing year
- Record any Honorary Life Memberships awarded during the year (if any)
- Consider any other business on the agenda
SCWIST members will receive an email with a Zoom invite, agenda for the meeting, and an AGM report containing reports on SCWIST programs and committees, profiles of the proposed new board members, details on a special resolution proposed by the board to update part of the society bylaws, details of our new fiscal year budget, and more!
While the general public is welcome to attend the AGM, only SCWIST members will be able to vote on proposed by-law changes and Board nominations. Register to be a member and take advantage of many benefits including free or discounted event tickets, access to professional development and mentorship programs, volunteer opportunities including community outreach, and expanding your professional network with women in STEM.
If you would like to attend the AGM as a member of the public, you can register here.