STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
(Can be remote):
Do you have interest in contributing to the strategic development of SCWIST? Are you a results-oriented contributor and team collaborator with a strong business acumen? Would you like to apply your skills in writing, research, networking, creativity? Then you might be exactly what we need….
The Strategic Development Committee is key to the long-term growth, direction, and sustainability of SCWIST. The Committee also helps support expansion of our programs by increasing funding through corporate sponsorship packages. We are looking to increase the size of our StrategicDevelopment Committee, so that the workload is manageable as we launch major initiatives. Do you think you can help?
We are looking for members to help us research and build corporate sponsorship opportunities (private and public companies, government, universities, etc.) that align with SCWIST’s vision and values.
– MUST be a member of SCWIST in good standing (dues paid for the current year). In addition, you must have been a member for one additional year in the last 3 years. No exceptions. Membership status will be checked.
– Proven work experience in the field of STEM.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
– Strong oral and written communication skills.
– Preference will be given to candidates with university-level education in STEM.
– Preference will be given to applicants with experience in grant writing and/or corporate sponsorship.
– Contribute to discussions, e-mail requests, and projects in a timely manner.
– Contribute ideas, suggestions, and enthusiasm for the Strategic Development of SCWIST.
Due to the nature of the Strategic Development Committee, we are primarily interested in candidates who are able to commit for over a year. If you are unable to commit for a full year, we can review your availability and determine if we can accept a shorter-term commitment. If you would like a short-term commitment, please identify in your cover letter the requested duration and why a short-term commitment is preferable.
Meetings: Committee meetings are held on monthly basis via conference call. Committee members must attend 75% of meetings during the year. Work can be done from home, so ideal for those who require flexibility or are not in the Vancouver area but still want to help out!
Interested? Great! Then we’d love to hear from you. Please email [email protected] with a copy of your resume and a short cover letter on how your experiences will help us in this position.
We are looking to fill these spots as soon as possible, so get in touch!