Tenure-Track Assistant Professor
The Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary’s University invites applications for one
tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Business Analytics
commencing July 1, 2023. The successful candidate will be hosted in the Computing
and Information Systems (CISY) group of the Department of Finance, Information
Systems and Management Science, and in the new Sobey Master of Business Analytics
(MBAN) Program. The CISY is a major of the B.Comm. program at the Sobey School
of Business to prepare students with IT knowledge and skills as well as in-depth
understanding of strategic information needs of business and consumers. The Sobey
MBAN program is designed to meet the growing need for talented data analytics
professionals with the skills and advanced applied knowledge to develop, evaluate,
refine, and implement analytics applications to drive business innovation and success.
Criteria for the position are:
1. a PhD or an ABD in Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
2. Demonstrated research ability in machine learning and/or artificial intelligence
and/or machine intelligence for business applications.
3. Ability to teach needed courses and/or develop new courses in both the CISY
major and the MBAN program.
4. Ability and willingness to support MBAN students preparing for the Certified
Analytics Professional (CAP) certification exam and its seven domains of
5. Ability to attract Tri-council research funding, supervise graduate and
undergraduate students, and build a solid research program focusing on the
applications of data analytics and machine learning in business and related areas
such as ethics, governance, sustainability, and health analytics.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 01/10/2022
Please visit the following link to apply: