Software Developer – Value Frameworks
Join our development team as a Software Developer, creating calculation models for critical customer business needs
Location: Vancouver, BC
The Copperleaf Suite software helps some of the world’s largest energy firms make better strategic decisions through data analytics and optimization.
This position is on our Value Framework team, working on a unique software component which provides the calculation engine for the Copperleaf Suite application. Value frameworks provide statistical models of benefits, risks, and costs for customers, providing them with the information required to make the best possible decisions.
You’ll be joining a cross-functional Agile team of bright, passionate and supportive individuals who are proud of the solutions they build. The team works closely with our client-facing implementation consultants to translate our clients’ requirements into value frameworks. Outside of just coding it requires someone who is interested in understanding how the software we build affects our clients, so we can create models that reflect realistic scenarios they encounter.
You are a Software Developer with experience in one or more or the following:
- C# or a similar object-oriented language
- Work with clients and stakeholders to clarify requirements
- Unit test frameworks and automated integration testing
- Experience with Git
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle
- Knowledge of development methodologies and releases lifecycle. Familiarity with Agile development
- Developing reusable libraries or components
- Mathematics or statistical modeling (e.g., regressions, distributions, failure modeling)
You are able to:
- Understand and communicate complex technical issues
- Focus on product-centric rather than technology-centric development
- Mentor junior team members
- Have an eye for detail and it shows in your design, coding and review
- Be self-motivated, flexible, pragmatic, and proactive
- Be a great team member including teamwork, respect, courtesy & discretion
- Work on variety of tasks to help the team deliver as a member of a cross-functional team
- Learn the domain and develop models, which capture and enhance industry best practices
We recognize that talent comes in many forms, so we’re looking for passion, enthusiasm and transferable skills.
At Copperleaf, we’re committed to building a great culture because we know it sets us apart. Culture is at the very core of everything we do, and it’s what makes people want to be part of the market-leading company we’re building. We are a global team of world-class innovators continually pushing the limits of what’s possible to deliver exceptional value and extraordinary experiences to our clients. To do that, we actively cultivate an open and supportive team environment, where diverse ideas and perspectives are encouraged and respected.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Copperleaf is building a better world, one decision at a time. As one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Tech Association’s Tech Culture of the Year, we are a dynamic and disruptive organization offering exciting opportunities for growth and innovation. We are also proud to be a proactive equal-opportunity employer.
Apply here on our careers page: https://www.copperleaf.com/job-postings/#seniorintermediate-software-developer-vancouver and please indicate that you saw this posting through SCWIST in your cover letter.