Software Developer in System Integration
In a life without sound, our work provides meaning. As the world’s leading hearing care provider, we are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova – develop, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry.
Sonova has more than 14,000 committed employees in over 100 countries, all of whom contribute to something greater than themselves – they transform lives. Join our mission and become part of our team! We’re hiring for the position of Software Developer in System Integration develop integration software for our hearing instrument products.
The work you will do:
- Responsible for implementation of hearing instrument configuration features in C#
- Integrate components into for new hearing instrument products, integrating with various sub-systems including audiological hearing aid configuration software, production software and mobile applications.
- Be responsible for the release of product firmware into hearing aid configuration software and production software according to project milestones.
- Define appropriate verification plan for each product development and execute verification/validation of software and systems.
- Continually acquire up-to-date product feature and system knowledge of ongoing platform and product development of all brands within Sonova group, using different methods and communication channels available
- Apply acquired knowledge in all aspects of work, from software design, implementation, to verification of released product image, ensuring proper modelling and architecture adherence for sustainable product development for the Unitron brand.
- Be a key point of contact for teams involved in product development for the Unitron brand and act as a liaison with product development teams at other R&D sites within the Sonova group to coordinate, align and collaborate as necessary.
- Participate in long term projects for such as continuous integration, continuous delivery and test automation for improving the efficiency and delivery of the product firmware integration process
- Provide assistance to other R&D teams, Audiology and Marketing on product software knowledge / behavior for purposes for product development and validation.
- Work closely with the Software Quality Assurance team to provide input into test cases, ensuring product verification activities and execution are in alignment with our verification strategy.
- Maintain coding standards and best practices for software development within Sonova. You will participates in the code review process to ensure that quality is built into the software.
- Work closely with team members, Team Lead/Manager and Project leaders to ensure that timeline and quality the deliverables are achieved.
The experience you bring:
- Ability to think critically, to dissect problems to its core, properly framing the problem before pursuing a solution
- Be able to quickly acquire, analyze, and discern information relevant for the task at hand
- Ability to conceptualize, and able to explain complex concepts and terminology in simple terms to non-technical stakeholders
- Previous development experience with C#, Java or C++ and can appropriately apply SW design patterns and OO principles is a must
- Knowledge in the fundamentals of electronics, acoustics and HW interfacing experience is a strong asset
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as PowerShell and Python is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in a relevant field
What we offer
- Exciting and challenging work environment
- Good work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, maternity leave top up, and pension match
- Training and development opportunities
Please send your resume to: [email protected] We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Sonova is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Director, Human Resources.
We team up. We grow talent. We collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds to win with the best team in the market place. We guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of a candidate’s ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation or marital status, gender, genetic identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Sonova is an equal opportunity employer.