Software Developer, Fitting Software
Number of Openings
In a life without sound, our work provides meaning. As the world’s leading hearing care provider, we are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova – develop, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry.
Sonova has more than 14,000 committed employees in over 100 countries, all of whom contribute to something greater than themselves – they transform lives. Join our mission and become part of our team! Apply now for the following position:
In this role you will work as part of a team responsible for shaping and maintaining functionality in desktop applications in .NET within a larger multi-platform ecosystem across the full software development lifecycle.
• Work closely with our local team, but collaborate globally
• Interact with project leads, product management, and UX experts to drive new features
• Working in a medical risk relevant environment, you will be responsible for complying with several global medical regulations (such as IEC 62304 and EU MDR)
• Participate in unit testing, code reviews, and continuous integration within a stable, well architected codebase
• Opportunities exist
o to act as Technical Lead for features
o to mentor other developers informally and formally
o to develop the user interface or the backend
The experience you will bring:
• At least 3 years of experience in software development
• Post Secondary education in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
• Proficiency in C# or other object-oriented language
• Extensive proven ability of designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting software
• Passion for code quality
• Continuous development of your software development skills
Nice to have:
• Experience mentoring other software developers
• Having acted as a Technical Lead for a project
What makes us great to work for:
• Collaborative culture
• Opportunities for continuous self improvement
• Flexible hybrid model work environment (split in office/remote) and opportunities for flexible work arrangements like reduced work week or compressed work week
• A company that values diversity and inclusion
• Rich benefits plan including wellness benefit, paramedical (massage therapist, naturopath, etc.) and competitive compensation including variable component and employer match on pension contributions
• Mentorship program and career development plans
• We have developed a formalized training plan to bring new hires up to speed so they can start contributing quickly
• Satisfaction of knowing that you are making a difference in people’s lives
Don’t meet all the criteria? If you’re willing to go all in and learn we’d love to hear from you!
Please send your resume directly to our HR Manager at [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Sonova is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Manager, Human Resources.
Sonova’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 30/09/2021
Email your resume directly to our HR Manager, Stephanie Fraser at [email protected]