Skunkworks Research Engineer
We are looking for a talented research engineer to join our Skunkworks team and work on our next generation products. The right candidate is a committed, creative individual who is passionate about problem solving and rapid prototyping for approaching complex problems using modern programming languages. The position would focus heavily on software prototyping, signal processing and system control.
This position will provide you with an opportunity to design innovative ideas and concepts from scratch, starting with conception and ideation and ending with development, testing, and integration into the final product. In this position, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team of individuals who work on state-of-the-art ultrasound imaging solutions. The ideal candidate is dependable and a fast learner who has the desire to work collaboratively in a close-knit team and grow in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Understanding of C/C++ and programming in Visual Studio environment
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Python, Labview or other scientific programming language
- Hands on experience with algorithms, software development, and rapid prototyping
- Solid understanding of different signal processing and image processing algorithms
- Hands-on experience building prototypes and setting up experiments to evaluate different designs.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields
- Familiarity with ultrasound imaging and signal processing
- Comfortable with Linux and Windows environment
- Familiarity with 2D/3D data visualization tools
- Familiarity with Microcontrollers, Data Acquisition systems
- Relevant portfolio, past projects, or a master’s degree
DarkVision Technologies Inc. was founded in 2013 by a group of experienced entrepreneurs that have a track record of developing and commercializing imaging technologies for industrial markets. DarkVision has developed the world’s most advanced ultrasound-based imaging platform and is packaging it into different product-lines to solve the industry’s most challenging problems.
The company has proven its first successful product-line for tubular infrastructure inspection. DarkVision’s initial product has already won multiple industry awards, been featured in top publications, and generated significant revenue. Our team consists of experts from machine vision, medical imaging, aerospace, and computer graphics sectors who are building today’s most advanced technology platform for industrial imaging and asset integrity-related inspection. We build, design, and sell the entire solution ourselves – from large sensor arrays to specialized electronics, to our visualization and analytics software.
Building on its commercial success, the company just raised a very large financing round to begin scaling the technology to new product-lines in new industries and applications. We recently began construction of a new 52,000 sq. ft head office facility in Vancouver and are growing quickly. We invite you to come join our team for the exciting journey ahead as we become the global leader in industrial imaging.
Here are 4 reason’s you will like working at DarkVision:
- Well-Funded: We are well funded by solid financial backers and customers through highly differentiated technology that has already been proven out in the real world. We just raised a round from one of the largest privately held companies in the world for a large commercial expansion and new product-line development.
- ‘A’ Players: Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and passionate individuals. If you are an ‘A’ player, you will enjoy the intellectually stimulating atmosphere.
- Growing Quickly: We are in the process of opening US Offices, launching several new product-lines and hiring a high-performing team of people. We are not a small start-up company and are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Lots of Opportunities: We are transitioning into a much larger organization and will be expanding into a 52,000 sq. ft facility in Vancouver. We are currently opening US offices, beginning in Houston.
If this sounds like a role that you would be interested in, please click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!