Research Associate / Scientist – Analytical
Number of Openings
YOU: A committed professional with experience in analytics looking to develop further in an innovative, fast paced biotech environment
US: Leading innovators in the lipid nanoparticle(LNP) field, looking for a talented individual to join our collaborative, passionate, diverse pharmaceutical focused team.
Acuitas Therapeutics is seeking a Research Associate/Scientist to work in the Analytical Group, reporting to the Director, Analytical. The role holder will be responsible for design and execution of studies, including development of analytical methods for physical and chemical characterization of LNP systems, managing and executing analyses, and interpretation/presentation of results.
The Research Associate/Scientist will perform research related to the development and application of analytical techniques to characterize RNA containing LNP formulations for in vivo and in vitro applications, the characterization of biophysical attributes, as well as contribute to the understanding of the biological mechanisms of action and to the optimization of formulation processes at various scales.
Working with the Director, Analytical, the responsibilities would include:
1. Characterization of LNP formulations and components using standard in-house assays including UPLC-UV/CAD, LC-MS, DLS, absorbance/fluorescence spectroscopy, cryo-EM, NMR, electrophoresis, and associated data acquisition software.
2. Development of new analytical assays, assessment of new analytical technologies, and perform detailed investigations of specific LNP attributes as required. This will include hands-on method development and execution or management of external testing facilities for specialized techniques as needed.
3. Development, optimization and troubleshooting of formulations and manufacturing processes at various scales.
4. Participation in technology transfer activities related to manufacturing processes and/or analytical methods.
5. Laboratory management duties related to operations and maintenance of the Analytical function.
6. Collaborative analytics with other departments including Formulation Development, Process Development, and Pre-Clinical.
7. Maintain familiarity with relevant scientific knowledge and advancements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
A minimum level of education, training, or experience equivalent to a Master of Science or PhD program in an appropriate discipline or five (5) years of recent related experience in a research laboratory.
– Excellent bench skills, the ability to develop and master new techniques quickly, and be able to work independently.
– Experience working with lipid nanoparticle formulations including characterization of formulations and raw material components by standard and/or specialized analytical techniques (such as absorption and fluorescence spectrometry or chromatographic separations).
– Familiarity with Waters UPLC-PDA/QDa, bioanalytical techniques, statistical design of experiments, data modeling, scale-up process development, and/or regulatory aspects of LNP products and raw materials would be an asset.
ABOUT ACUITAS THERAPEUTICS
Acuitas Therapeutics is a private biotechnology company based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. We are the premier global provider of LNP delivery systems for nucleic acid therapeutics. Acuitas is partnered with multiple international, biotechnology and pharmaceutical partners who are focused on bringing new vaccines and drugs into clinical development and to the marketplace. As an organization, we focus on fostering an inclusive and supportive work environment reflecting our values of honesty, integrity, innovation and openness. We strive to work internally and with our partners in an ethical, collegiate and respectful manner.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 19/10/2021
Please apply for the position here: https://acuitas.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=13.