Professor of Cybersecurity
École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS) is one of the largest engineering schools in Canada, with a student body of over 11,000, including 2,600 students at the graduate and postgraduate levels. It offers Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate programs with special focus on applied engineering. ÉTS cultivates close ties with industry through a dynamic co-operative education program, and boasts an outstanding degree of partnership-based research and innovation.
ÉTS has experienced spectacular growth in its educational programs and in its research and innovation activities over the last few years, allowing ÉTS to acquire a world-class infrastructure. The high calibre of research conducted by the institution gives it a ranking among the top engineering educational institutions in Canada. Furthermore, ÉTS is committed to creating an environment of respect and civility that supports equity, diversity and inclusion.
Located in downtown Montreal, within walking distance of the public transit, ÉTS offers, in addition to a competitive salary and a generous pension fund, several advantages:
- Group Insurance;
- Privileged access to its sports centre located on campus;
- Transit Incentive Program;
- Parking for car and bike at a competitive price;
- Day care centre on site, and many other benefits.
Description of Position
The Department of Software and Information Technology Engineering (Montreal, Canada) is seeking professors of software and information technology engineering. The candidates’ research activities will be coupled with existing programs, and will be carried out in the context of cybersecurity.
Areas of Expertise
We seek candidates in software engineering broadly considered, with special emphasis on the following areas of expertise (but not limited to):
- Cloud and critical infrastructure security;
- Cyber-physical systems and the Internet of Things (IoT) security;
- Data analytics for security intelligence;
- Digital identity infrastructure;
- Malware analysis and digital forensics;
- Privacy protection and usable security;
- Software security.
Candidates with other research interests in software security are also strongly encouraged to apply.
The candidates sought will:
- teach courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in fields mentioned above;
- mentor graduate students;
- carry out funded or contractual interdisciplinary research projects, jointly with industry and work places;
- develop a research program;
- publish scientific articles;
- prepare and submit grant applications, in particular those directed at NSERC and FQRNT.
- Must hold a Doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in software, computer science or electrical engineering or equivalent;
- Must be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ), or be able to take the necessary steps to become one before applying for tenure;
- Must have industry experience or experience conducting research in close collaboration with industry. If the candidate does not have related industry experience, then such experience may be substituted by solid R&D experience, or the candidate must agree to acquire such experience through an industrial practicum;
- Must demonstrate excellent research and teaching skills;
- Must be proficient in written and spoken French in accordance with the ÉTS Language Policy, or demonstrate a willingness to learn French and embark on a francization process supported by ÉTS.
Summer or fall 2021
Submission of applications
All applications shall be treated confidentially. Interested candidates must submit their application by February 17, 2021 (5 p.m. EST).
The application shall include all these documents:
- a cover letter;
- a curriculum vitae;
- a URL to a google scholar profile page;
- a statement of teaching goals;
- a statement of their research plan;
- a sample of research accomplishments (e.g., recent scientific articles).
All documents must be included. Otherwise, the application will not be evaluated. Please note that only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. For any further information, please contact [email protected].
Salary and Terms
This is a tenure-track position. Salary and benefits will be determined in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Nevertheless, priority shall be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Equal Employment Opportunity Program
ÉTS has adopted and follows an equal employment opportunity program, and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal persons, visible and ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.