Customer Service Representative
Better Chemistry for a Better Future.
We believe that we can create a better future for our communities, customers, and employees by doing chemistry better. When we create safer, more efficient, more environmentally responsible chemistry and apply it using the best people and technology available we can make a huge impact.
With over 60 years of research & development driven progress in specialty chemistry, Guardian Chemicals has worked hard to earn our reputation as a leader in the space. Our team, unified through their share vision and core values, work together to support our customers and the industries they serve to drive a cleaner, safer, and more efficient industry forward.
People driven and process supported, we are proud to be certified to ISO 9001 (Quality), ISO 14001 (Environmental), ISO 45001 (Safety), C.O.R (Safety) and Green Seal (Environmental) standards. We back up what we say with the processes and certifications that align with what we do.
At Guardian Chemicals, we pride ourselves on being an innovative, purpose driven organization that is making a real impact on the people and the environment around us. We have ambitious growth goals and an energized team executing on our strategy every day. As an organization is only as strong as its people, it is important that each and every person not only share our core values but take ownership over their role and the impact that they have on the company. We strive to create a high trust, high performance, and fun work environment for all our employees.
Our Core Values
1. Compassion – See the person behind the position.
2. Integrity – Always take the high road. We are proud of every decision.
3. Driven – purposeful, determined, relentless.
4. Gets It – Together we are better. We support each other through thick and thin.
5. Professional – Deliver best in class product – no shortcuts.
6. Problem Solver – Find the resources, find a way. Get it done.
Based in Sturgeon County, Alberta, Guardian provides direct chemical, equipment, and specialized service technologists to a large variety of primary and secondary industries throughout Canada, the USA, and internationally. Guardian currently has four main divisions: industrial, water treatment, forestry, and wood products, as well as oil & gas.
To learn more, please visit http://www.guardianchem.ca
This is a fulltime permanent position with primary focus on customer service and order entry responsibilities, while supporting the sales team. As the Customer Service Representative, you will be an essential resource for both internal and external customers to provide them with a best in class experience. This means providing meaningful information, insights, creative problem solving, meaningful service, and timely responses. As an ambassador for Guardian Chemicals, you will provide excellence in customer service, administration, and communication. You will be responsible for the accurate and timely entry of multiple orders into Sage X3 and champion all customs documentation for orders shipped outside of Canada. The ideal candidate must be people oriented, have meticulous attention to detail, strong organization skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time. You must be able to manage time sensitive tasks.
What you will bring:
• An undergraduate degree is required
• Experience working in a customer service position or in a sales driven company is preferred
• Experience working with logistics, customs documentation and customs brokers is a benefit
• You thrive on helping others succeed and are eager to find new ways to improve efficiency.
• You are outgoing and able to communicate effectively and in a positive, friendly manner.
• You have excellent organization skills and are incredibly detail oriented.
• You thrive under pressure and excel at multitasking.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• You are computer savvy in MS Office and have solid knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook.
• A tremendous respect for confidentiality and an exceptional understanding of the importance of meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
• Respond to all incoming emails, phone calls, or customer inquiries
• Provide product information, sales details and pricing to customers, sales staff, and management.
• Set up customers and contract pricing correctly in the software system.
• Maintain and update customer information database
• Record and resolve customer complaints.
• Accurately enter and/or validate customer orders in Sage X3
• Troubleshooting issues that may arise with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM order entry, quote or proposal system.
• Provide accurate administration of customs documents and obtain services from customs brokers for international shipments.
• Provide return bill of lading for product returns to meet the rules and regulations of TDG.
Guardian Chemicals Inc. provides a competitive base salary, benefits program, RRSP and Pension plan, Bonus plan and the opportunity to work with an industry leader in the chemical industry.
Interested applicants can forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We thank all those who apply, but we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 31/08/2021
email resume to: [email protected]